We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data: - a. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including [your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views])
2. Cookies All information and material posted on this Website are subject to copyrights owned by Phoenix Technologies and other individuals or entities as defined by law. Any reproduction, retransmission, republication, or other use of all or part of any document found on this Website, including but not limited to, posting, linking, deep linking, or otherwise modifying its contents is expressly prohibited, unless prior written permission has been granted by Phoenix Technologiesor the appropriate copyright owner. All other rights reserved.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- a. administer the website;
- b. improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- c. enable your use of the services available on the website;
- d. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- e. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- f. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- g. send to you [our newsletter and other] marketing communications relating to our business [or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties] which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- h. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing
- a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- b. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- d. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
6. Security of your personal data We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Third party websites The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Updating information Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.